Chocolate Cranberry Flax Cookies

/ Friday, July 15, 2011 /
No way, healthy cookies!? Those two words don't even belong together in a sentence. 
I found and adapted this recipe from Eat Good 4 Life and I couldn't have been more pleased with the way my cookies turned out. I've been avoiding buying cookies at the store because looking at the nutrition facts would give me a little heart attack every time. 2 measley oreos contain almost 200 calories and 7grams of fat! This recipe is super simple and I had cookies on the counter in no time. They didn't even taste "healthy", which I loved. In my recipe I substituted a 1/4 cup of flour for a 1/4 cup of cocoa powder and left out the chocolate chips. 
Yield: 14-16 cookies
Ingredients: 
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4  cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup canola oil
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup dry cranberries

Method:
Preheat oven to 350F. Line two cookie sheet(s) with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl whisk oil, sugar, egg and vanilla. Add flour, cocoa powder, flax, oats, baking soda, cranberries and mix well.

Drop rounded scoops onto cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. (I refrigerated my cookie dough to make it less sticky on the hands and easier to round)

Cool in the cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes and transfer to a wire rack.

Eat and Enjoy! :)


-Little Sister

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Little Sister's Food and Photos, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger