Panang Curry with Beef:
Yields 3-4 servings
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons panang curry paste
- 2 tablespoon roasted peanuts
- 2 cups thinly sliced beef
- 1 cup of sliced bamboo shoots (I used canned)
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- Fish sauce and Sugar to taste
- Pound 2 tablespoons of roasted peanuts into the 2 tablespoons of panang curry paste.
- Pour 1/3 cup of coconut milk into a sauce pan. Heat the coconut milk over medium heat until it starts to boil.
- Add the peanut curry paste and stir into the coconut milk until its well incorporated. Then add your beef slices and coat them with the curry paste.
- Add the bamboo shoots, the rest of the coconut milk, and water. Let the beef cook until it's nice and tender.
- Once the beef is tender, add the kaffir lime leaves and season with fish sauce and sugar. Depending on the curry paste you use, you might not have to add any fish sauce. I found mine to be too salty so I added about a tablespoon more of sugar.You can also add more water.
- Serve with some jasmine rice and enjoy!